Own the future of molecular testing
For blood screening and other applications that require very high throughput, the cobas® 8800 System can run up to 960 tests in an 8-hour shift—4,032 tests in 24 hours—with only 3 user interactions and up to 4 hours of walk-away time per run. *
*May vary based on workflow demands.
Very high throughput, very little operator interaction
Transform your testing experience
Offering highly efficient workflows from sample processing to result interpretation, the cobas® 8800 System puts the future of molecular testing in your hands. Our broad assay menu is held to the rigorous performance standards you expect from Roche, and our real-time PCR technology delivers reliable results every time.
Meet the growing needs of your lab
A fully integrated and automated system for sample preparation and real-time PCR, the cobas® 8800 System is designed to be readily integrated into the laboratory workflow from pre-analytic to post-analytic solutions.
Rapidly complete your daily testing requirements when you generate trusted, reproducible results.
- Fastest time to result—up to 96 tests in about 3 hours
- Unprecedented throughput—up to 960* tests in an 8-hour shift
- Minimal hands-on time—only two user interactions
- Ready-to-load reagents do not require thawing, mixing or pouring, while radio-frequency identification (RFID) and barcodes ensure full traceability from sample in to results out
- Automated onboard storage and refrigeration system enable ready access and maintain inventory of consumables and reagents
- Uni- and bi-directional laboratory information system (LIS) interface simplifies order and result handling
- Connect up to 6 cobas p 680 instruments for automated pooling, sample archiving, and workflow traceability
*May vary based on workflow demands
- Mixed testing makes it possible to perform up to 3 tests in the same run with no pre-sorting required
- Optimise sample utilisation, processing up to three different tests from a single patient sample
- Simplify workflow using universal processes, consumables and reagents so you can run any test any time you want
- Meet your needs today and in the future with a broad and expanding assay menu
- Handle high-priority samples quickly and easily with a dedicated priority lane
Full laboratory automation, unrivaled efficiency
The cobas® 8800 System has the ability to connect with pre- and post-analytic instruments, as well as those associated with other disciplines using cobas® connection modules (CCM).
Reduce manual handling for improved quality and safety
Include serum work area (SWA), urinalysis, or haematology
Facilitate fully-automated sample retrieval for add-on testing
The future of molecular testing is in your hands
Based on the Nobel-prize winning PCR technology, the cobas® 8800 System is designed to be readily integrated into laboratory workflow from pre-analytic to post-analytic solutions, while transforming the way molecular testing is performed.